Attic Renovation Services
Do you wish your home had more square footage? Sometimes, to find that extra space, all you have to do is look up. Depending on the construction of your home, the attic could be a prime opportunity for expansion. Similar to basement remodeling, the structure is already there—you simply need to extend the electrical and mechanical systems, add insulation, and finish the space.
Ways to Remodel an Attic
The options are limitless when converting your attic! The team at Bud Matthews Services can help you envision a new use for the space, which may include:
- Extra bedroom: Does your growing family need more room to spread out? An attic bedroom is perfect for kids and teens hoping for their own private space. If your attic has a sloped ceiling, tucking the headboard beneath the lowest spot is a wise use of space.
- Home office: If you work from home, you undoubtedly want a quiet place where you can shut out distractions. The attic is a perfect place to work remotely or run your small business! Adding a window during your attic renovation prevents the space from being too dark.
- Game room: Many homes lack space for ping pong or an air hockey table. A spacious attic is an ideal location to set up a game room the whole family can enjoy.
- Art studio: Whether you specialize in painting, pottery, or another medium, you need peace and quiet to work on your next project. It’s also helpful to have a dedicated place where you can store your art supplies. An attic studio could be the solution.
- Library: Shelves piled high with novels from your favorite author. A cushy sofa in a secluded part of the house. Natural light pouring in through a dormer window. If these descriptions sound like heaven, you can make them a reality. All you need to do is convert the unused attic space into your very own library.
- Guest suite: Do you love hosting guests from out of town? Make their stay more pleasant with a private guest suite in the attic, complete with a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchenette.
- Bonus room: Your attic remodel doesn’t need to have an explicit purpose. It can serve as a bonus room for whatever you need—a hangout spot for the kids, a place to have movie nights with the family, or a simple reading nook or craft area.
Do any of these ideas appeal to you? Contact the design-build experts at Bud Matthews Services to begin your attic conversion today.
Why Choose Bud Matthews Services for Attic Remodeling Services?
Reclaiming unused attic space is often cost-effective, but it’s not a job just any remodeler can tackle. Oddly shaped and positioned, attics need special attention when being converted into a living space. That’s why you should partner with the knowledgeable team at Bud Matthews Services.
We’ve been designing and renovating homes in Chapel Hill for over 40 years. Plus, we’re not just remodeling experts—we also specialize in HVAC services and plumbing work, rounding out everything you need to complete your attic conversion from start to finish.
Contact Us for an Attic Remodeling Consultation in Chapel Hill, NC
Tapping into unused attic space is the key to expanding your square footage without uprooting your family from the beloved Chapel Hill neighborhood you call home. We can help make it happen, creating a functional, aesthetically pleasing space to improve your family’s quality of life.