Garbage Disposal Services in Chapel Hill, NC by Bud Matthews Services
The garbage disposal is one of the most useful appliances that you can have in your kitchen. It helps get rid of food waste and generally improves the flow of cooking. Most of us are so used to our garbage disposals that we couldn’t imagine life without one. If you need garbage disposal services of any kind, we’re here for you.
Bud Matthews Services offers a full range of garbage disposal services, from installation to repair, maintenance, and replacement. Give us a call today, and one of our expert technicians will make sure your garbage disposal is in excellent condition.
We offer garbage disposal services throughout Chapel Hill.
What Can Be Repaired on a Disposal?
When investing in any household appliance, a good question to ask is, “What’s the most expensive thing that can break?” On garbage disposals, it’s the motor. That’s why good maintenance is important!
Other garbage disposal parts that can be repaired are clogs and the blades. (They aren’t really “blades”; they’re impellers.)
Clues your garbage disposal needs servicing are:
- No draining
- On but making no noise
- Slow draining
- Unusual plumbing odors
All the systems in your home – electrical, plumbing heating/cooling – work together. That’s why Bud Matthews Services professionals are trained to diagnose and repair all household systems and appliances. We believe the more you know, the better decisions you can make. Call 919.929.0203 or contact us to learn more.
How to Care for Your Garbage Disposal for Longer Life and Improved Efficiency
There was a time when homeowners thought throwing glass down the garbage disposal “sharpened the blades” and that lemon peels “freshen it naturally.” Those aren’t as great as they sound; glass shards can hurt anyone who works on your system in the future, and in large quantities, citric acids can corrode metal parts. But there are things you can do at home to keep your disposal in good working order.
9 Maintenance Tips for Garbage Disposals
Your garbage disposal is an important kitchen accessory. Imagine if it could sing; the song would be “You’re Gonna Miss Me When I’m Gone.” Proper maintenance can prolong the life of your garbage disposal:
- Always use cold water to wash food waste down your garbage disposal drain.
- Cut all waste into small pieces for easier breakdown.
- Cut the power to your garbage disposal when you plan to clean it.
- If there’s a tangle around the blades, use the wrench that came with the unit to unsnarl it.
- Put only softer foods down the disposal. Avoid fibrous (celery), hard (bones), and starchy (banana peels) food waste. And cut them into smaller pieces.
- Run your disposal every 2-3 days. Even if you’re not using it, run cold water to keep the blades from rusting.
- To clean your garbage disposal, use dish detergent and/or baking soda. Use an old toothbrush to clean the flaps.
- Use the de-greaser brands of dishwashing detergents.
- Use tongs to pull out any clogs or stuck waste. Never use commercial chemicals or hot water to unclog your disposal bin.
Bud Matthews Services is your renovation or new-home-build contractor. We’ll also work with architects and other contractors to ensure your project is perfect! Call 919.929.0203 or contact us to discuss your plans.
WE REPAIR AND REPLACE YOUR GARBAGE DISPOSAL
If you do happen to have a problem with your garbage disposal, it’s best to call for repairs as soon as possible. The faster we can get to your disposal, the more damage we can prevent. We offer a full range of garbage disposal repair services throughout Chapel Hill, NC.
You should also have your garbage disposal professionally checked every year or so. This allows us to monitor for any developing problems and solve them before they become more serious. Annual maintenance will also let us determine when your disposal is reaching the end of its life and if it needs replacement. Call Bud Matthews Services today to schedule an appointment.