A Look at 5 Common Bathroom Plumbing Problems
The bathroom is the spot in your home with the highest amount of plumbing: pipes, fixtures, appliances. It’s therefore the room where you are most likely to encounter plumbing issues that will need repairs. A few simple ones you can correct yourself, but most will require that you call on professional plumbers, like the ones we have on staff.
5 Common Plumbing Problems in the Bathroom
- Low Water Pressure: Sometimes this means there’s a problem with the aerator in the faucet, or it could be a municipal issue. If you can’t determine the source, you may be dealing with a leak, and you’ll need professional leak detection services to find and fix it.
- Clogged drain: Either in the sink or the in bathroom, this is a major annoyance. The most likely source is hair or soap scum down the drain (which is why we always recommend using drain covers to prevent this). A basic plunger can sometimes solve this, but don’t turn to chemical drain cleaners if the plunger doesn’t work. Let our plumbers find an effective and safe way to clear the clog.
- Clogged toilet: A similar problem, but often more urgent than a drain or shower clog. Again, put a plunger to use. If that doesn’t work, you’re probably dealing with a more serious repair issue down in the plumbing that will need professional plumbers.
- Dripping faucet: This is more than just an annoyance that will keep you up at night. It wastes an immense amount of water over time. If you can’t tighten the faucet to fix the problem, we recommend having a new faucet installed—especially a low-flow faucet model.
- Toilet won’t stop running: This is another major water waste. It might mean the chain is tangled in the tank, but don’t fiddle around too much with the components in the tank. There may be leaking gaskets or other problems.
Bud Matthews Services is here for all your home service needs in Durham, NC. We offer 24/7 emergency service!