Packaged HVAC System in Chapel Hill, NC
When space is at a premium in your North Carolina home, it can be a challenge to install the standard HVAC equipment. Packaged HVAC systems are a flexible alternative, offering high-performance heating and air conditioning in a single unit that is located outside your home, connected only through supply and return ducts.
At Bud Matthews Services, we install, service, and repair packaged HVAC systems for homes in Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Durham, Pittsboro, and the surrounding communities. With more than 40 years of industry experience, we provide the quality heating and air conditioning services that your family needs to stay comfortable all year long. We offer superior workmanship backed by a full warranty, and we do not consider the job done until you are completely satisfied.
What Is a Packaged HVAC System?
Most homes in the Raleigh-Durham area combine a furnace and central air conditioner to create a complete heating and cooling solution. Often called a split system, the furnace, evaporator coils, air handler, and air ducts are inside the home, while the condenser coil and compressor are outside. The interior portion of the system can take up plenty of valuable space inside your home, whether it is located in an attic, a crawl space, or a closet in the main living area.
A packaged system can be attractive for homes that lack interior space. The condenser, evaporator, compressor, air handler, and furnace, if equipped, are all located outside, and only the air ducts are located inside the home, connected to the outdoor unit through the main supply and return duct.
What Are the Benefits of a Packaged System?
Compared to HVAC split systems, a packaged HVAC system offers:
- A faster, easier installation. Because all the primary components are located in the outside unit, installation of a packaged HVAC system is fast, simple, and cost-effective.
- Flexible placement – Packaged systems can be installed outside your home on a standard concrete pad, in a crawl space, or on the roof, depending on the model and features.
- Easy access – Having all the critical components located in the outdoor unit makes it easy for technicians to access and repair your system.
- Effective performance – Modern packaged HVAC systems offer excellent heating and cooling performance, as well as improved efficiency, keeping your energy costs as low as possible.
- Quiet operation – With all the moving components outside, packaged HVAC systems are impressively quiet.
- High air quality – Today’s packaged systems offer high-performance air filtering that removes many pollutants and leaves your indoor air much cleaner.
On the other hand, with the evaporator and air handler outside, packaged systems are often a bit less efficient than standard HVAC systems, with heat loss in the winter, heat gain in the summer, and the direct effects of the weather apparent year-round.
Our Packaged HVAC Services
At Bud Matthews Services, we offer complete maintenance and repairs for packaged HVAC systems, as well as system installations and replacements. Our HVAC maintenance services are the ideal way to prevent problems with your heating and cooling equipment while improving its performance, efficiency, and longevity.
We also offer complete repair services for your packaged HVAC system, and we provide fast, professional installations for new systems or replacements.
Schedule Packaged HVAC Services in, NC
Give your packaged HVAC system the expert care it needs for optimal performance. Choose our team at Bud Matthews Services for all your HVAC installation, repair, and maintenance needs in Durham, Wake, or Orange County, NC.